Fertility Treatments Before IVF
- Ovulation induction involves using medications, that stimulate the ovary to produce and release eggs.
- Such as Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) or Letrozole, to stimulate the ovaries and promote the development and release of multiple mature eggs.
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI):
- Intrauterine insemination, also known as artificial insemination, involves placing washed and prepared sperm directly into the uterus around the time of ovulation.
- It gives sperm a better chance at fertilizing an egg
- IUI can be used as a standalone fertility treatment or as a precursor to IVF in cases where the fallopian tubes are healthy, the sperm quality is adequate, and the woman has no severe fertility issues.
Hysteroscopy or Hysterosalpingography:
- Fertility Treatments Before IVF, These procedures involve the evaluation of the uterus and fallopian tubes to identify any structural abnormalities, such as polyps, fibroids, or blockages.
- Fertility Treatments Before IVF, If such issues are detected, surgical interventions may be performed to correct them prior to IVF and It can show the inside of the uterus is a normal size and shape.
Ovarian Reserve Testing:
- Ovarian reserve testing, which includes blood tests to measure hormone levels and ultrasound imaging to assess the quantity and quality of the remaining eggs, helps determine the ovarian reserve and potential response to ovarian stimulation medications.
- Your ovarian reserve naturally declines as you age and it can guide the fertility specialist in adjusting the medication dosages for IVF.
- Genetic testing may be recommended before IVF, especially for individuals or couples with a known genetic condition or a family history of genetic disorders.
- Preimplantation Genetic Testing an be performed on embryos created through IVF to identify and select embryos free of specific genetic abnormalities before they are transferred to the uterus. In our Create fertility clinic, we have the several treatments for increase the chances of pregnancy.
Fertility Treatments Before IVF – Blood Tests:
- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH): FSH is responsible for stimulating the growth and maturation of eggs in the ovaries. Fertility testing before trying to get pregnant in Bangalore – Elevated FSH levels may indicate decreased ovarian reserve or decreased egg quality.
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH): LH triggers ovulation and is responsible for the release of the mature egg from the ovary. Abnormal levels may indicate ovulation problems.
- Estradiol: Estradiol is a form of estrogen that plays a crucial role in the development of the uterine lining. Fertility Treatments Before IVF, It is typically measured during specific phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Progesterone: Progesterone is produced by the ovaries after ovulation and is essential for maintaining a healthy uterine lining. Testing progesterone levels can confirm if ovulation has occurred.
Semen analysis assesses various parameters of semen quality and is an essential test to evaluate male fertility. Fertility Treatments Before IVF, It typically includes:
- Sperm Motility: Assesses the percentage of sperm that are moving and their quality of movement.
- Semen Volume: Measures the amount of semen produced during ejaculation.
- pH and Viscosity: Assesses the acidity (pH) and thickness (viscosity) of the semen.
Medical and Reproductive History:
- Your healthcare provider will review your medical history, including any pre-existing conditions, surgeries, or medications that may impact fertility.
- It is also discuss your menstrual history, sexual history, and any previous pregnancies or miscarriages.
- A physical examination may be performed to assess your overall health.
- Fertility Treatments Before IVF, It is also including a pelvic examination to evaluate the health of your reproductive organs.
- Evaluating your ovulation is crucial as irregular periods or absent ovulation can affect fertility.
- This can be done through tracking menstrual cycles, changes in basal body temperature, or using ovulation predictor kits.
Hormone Level Testing:
- Blood tests can assess hormone levels associated with fertility, such as follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).
- It is also including luteinizing hormone (LH), estradiol, progesterone, and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH).
- These tests can provide insights into ovarian function, ovulation, and overall hormonal balance.
Ovarian Reserve Testing:
- Fertility Treatments Before IVF, This involves measuring the quantity and quality of your remaining eggs.
- Common tests for ovarian reserve include Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) and antral follicle count (AFC) through ultrasound.
- Fertility Treatments Before IVF, If you’re in a heterosexual relationship, your partner may undergo a semen analysis to assess sperm count.
- It is also including motility, morphology, and other parameters that can impact fertility.
- Genetic testing may be recommended to assess for any inherited genetic conditions or chromosomal abnormalities that could impact fertility or be passed on to offspring.